Making Changes to Protect You
Be assured that we are constantly reviewing Covid_19 Government Guidelines.
If you have been to us before, you will notice some changes, noticeably a reduction in numbers of visitors. For those who are new to us, you are in for an amazing, fun experience at Zipit Forest Adventures!
We are committed to keeping you healthy and safe, but we cannot guarantee you won’t be exposed to COVID-19. We rely on you to protect yourself too:
- Practicing the highest safety standards without compromise
- Sanitise your hands often and avoid touching your face
- Maintain your distance from others
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching surfaces
- If you or a member of your family is unwell or showing a symptom of Covid 19 please let us know and we will reschedule your group for another day.
- If anyone arrives at Zipit feeling unwell, we will ask everyone in the group to return home.
- Before re-starting work at Zipit, all our staff have completed online Covid Training, which includes symptoms of Covid, how to wash your hands, how to sanitise, social distancing and how to prevent the spread of Covid_19.
- An Induction Training Day has been completed by every member of staff. This includes our new precedures and precautions, as well as cleaning regimes and equipment cleaning and monitoring.
- Staff will be wearing full face-visors where social distancing cannot be maintained, for example, during harnessing, for their protection and yours.
To avoid unnecessary contact at the cabin, we ask everyone to book online before arriving. Please continue reading before making your booking, to ensure you are fully aware of our procedures. To help us to manage social distancing, we would ask that you only book for your own 'bubble' and not on behalf of other people who you will be social distancing from.
Disclaimers / Waivers
There are big changes to how we use paper now. To avoid unnecessary contact, you will receive a waiver when you make a booking with us via email. This can be completed and digitally signed by you or a parent/guardian for under 18’s. PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOW ASKING FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF CHILDREN TO SIGN DIGITALLY ON THEIR BEHALF, EVEN IF THE PARENTS ARE NOT ATTENDING ON THE DAY. As always, we emphasise that the supervisors on the day are responsible for watching all of the children, all of the time. You can send on the email to everyone in your group and ask them to sign. We will then be able to access this online, at the time of your arrival.
Changes to Bookings
If you need to make a change – e.g. add a person or change an age, please do this by phone or email before arrival. If you or a member of your family need to re-schedule due to feeling unwell, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
Zipit will no longer offer used gloves, instead we ask that you bring your own gloves (not latex or fingerless, or padded) Gardening gloves, cycling gloves or even woolly gloves are acceptable. Alternatively, you can purchase them on arrival with contactless payment. We do recommend the gloves we sell as the grip they have will help you and they will dry faster when you sanitise before starting each circuit. Price is €2 per pair.
What to Bring
We recommend bringing your own small sanitiser bottle, safely secured in a zipped pocket. We do have sanitising stations around the course, but it is always good to have one to hand. If you would like to wear a face covering, please bring it along. Face coverings are optional but we will not allow scarves as this is a safety hazard. We are constantly monitoring the government developments regarding masks.
Arriving at Zipit
- Zipit will not be accepting any customer belongings into the cabin, for the protection of our staff. Please only bring what you can fit in a zipped pocket – keys, credit card, mobile phone and small sanitiser.
- ONE PERSON ONLY from each group should approach the cabin window, marked ‘Reception’ using the floor markings on the ground for social distancing. Everyone else should stay off the decking area until they are called for harnessing.
- The cabin person will be behind a Perspex screen. If you wish to purchase anything (gloves, drinks, snacks) please use contactless payment.
- If for any reason, you are required to complete a paper waiver, we will pass it to you through the hatch. Please sanitise before signing.
- Goods will be passed through the window onto the outside shelf. Please Note: whilst we are adapting to our 'new normal', we will not be selling hot drinks.
- The decking area cannot be used for breaks or socialising. Please wait off the decking, when possible.
- Please do not bring additional non-participating guests into Zipit - only required supervisors should stay on site.
You will be called for harnessing when it is your time for the safety brief which will be in a small, socially distanced group. Our instructors will be wearing a full face visor, at moments when they cannot social distance. Family units or anyone that has travelled together can stand together. Our harnesses are used only once a day for each customer. We have sanitising stations at the starts and ask that customer sanitise their hands (with gloves on) before starting each circuit. This is to minimise any chance of contamination on the equipment. We do not use disinfectant on our harnesses as this degrades the safety .
De-Harnessing and Breaks
If you need the bathroom or to stop for a break, or when you have finished, please look for the de-harnessing area, around the Cabin Area. A member of staff will come to assist you. Do not take off your harness without an Instructor present. Please do not approach the decking area, unless asked to do so by a member of staff. The decking area cannot be used for drink or snack breaks, or as a waiting area.
We ask that you follow the floor markings on the decking when approaching the cabin or harness area. Whilst on the ground, please keep social distance of 2 metres between other people.
Only one person per platform is allowed and one person per activity (previously we allowed 3 people per platform). This does not apply to family groups or those who travelled together.
A regular cleaning routine has been fully structured throughout the day for around the cabin area.
Toilets will be cleaned frequently and door handles wiped.
Sanitising stations will be checked for levels but please don’t hesitate to let a member of staff know if they are nearing empty.
We have sanitising stations at the cabin, at the harnessing area and at the starts of circuits.
All our staff have been trained in Covid Hygiene Procedures and sanitise between customers at harnessing area and around cabin area.
We have worked hard to meet all protocols set up by the Government, the HSA, HSE and ERCA High Ropes. We have been part of the Vertex Industry Group to develop guidance on Covid Protocols and Procedures. If you feel we have neglected something, please, please, tell us directly. We are so happy to be back at work, and can’t wait to welcome you to Zipit!
For Further information please see our FAQ’s Covid Section