Adventure Starts Here
Zipit Forest Adventures is perfectly suited for youth groups, foroige groups, summer camps, scouts and guides. We have many returning groups year on year and the older they get, the higher they climb! It’s a great bonding activity - enjoy the buzz of conquering the challenges, supporting and encouraging each other as you swing through the trees using ziplines, tunnels, bridges…even surfboards and bikes!
Staff were SUPERB!! 2 lads in particular were very funny, cracking jokes but still helpful when needed, while still keeping an eye on other visitors at Zipit. Was 4th visit for my group and the best so far!!
Staff very helpful and friendly. Very safety aware at all times and ready to help you out of any situation either from the ground or up in the trees. Highly recommend it.
With our trained Instructors, we will provide help and encouragement all the way – everyone works to their own capabilities with no pressure to push on further than you are comfortable with – although we are sure you will surprise yourself! And for those who want the ultimate challenge, there is the base jump – take a step off the platform and drop. Feel the fear and do it anyway….
With activities lasting 4 hours, there are circuits to suit all ages and levels of fitness. Safety is always paramount.
And the good news for the supervisors is one for every ten children gets to go free. We do ask that at least one supervisor stays on the ground though.
We can take 150+ children in any one day, by staggering start times. We have parallel Safety Briefing circuits to ensure a streamlined throughput so you can focus on enjoying your day out. To avoid queues and ensure an enjoyable time for all, we start approximately 45 children at one time, with the next group following one to two hours after. Please contact us for exact times, depending on size of group.
We don’t recommend bringing a large group of 7-8 year olds unless you have a very high ratio of supervisors. Maximum number at any one time would be 15, as this allows the children to move freely around the green circuit which is the only circuit they can complete.
If you have children with additional needs, please call us to discuss their needs. All children must be physically and mentally able to manage their own safety. SNA’s must supervise children under their care on a one to one basis.
Supervisors have the choice of participating or keeping their feet on the ground. We do ask that all supervisors attend and listen to the Safety Briefing. Supervisors are not expected to help children, this is our job. Encouragement and discipline when required is all that is needed.
At least one supervisor must remain on the ground at all times.
Ratios are dependent on age of children. On enquiry, we can advise of the ratios required.
One supervisor for every 10 children goes free of charge.
- Minimum age 7.
- Minimum Height is 1m.
- Maximum Weight is 120kg (leg strap dimensions can also limit fitting of harness)
Our parks use a safety system which involves the use of magnets. Magnets may interfere with the operation of pacemakers and ICD’s. We recommend that you check with your doctor, before making a booking.
Unfortunately, due to safety risks anyone who is pregnant is unable to participate.
Dress appropriately for physical exercise in an outdoors environment. We recommend layers, with a light rain jacket, even in the summer! Padded jackets should not be worn. Runners are ideal, no open toed shoes or sandals. Little hands can get very cold in winter, so bring a pair of woolen gloves for extra warmth. You may need to bring insect repellant and sun cream during certain months.
For further information on food and toilet facilities, select a location from one of the 3 courses below.
If you need to know more, visit our FAQ section for further information.
10% discount for groups of 10 or more when booked online.
Ready to Book
Call us on 051 858008 or complete our Group Contact Form and we will check availability for you.
- We require a €100 booking deposit at time of booking.
- Confirmation of numbers must be made 48 hours in advance, as this is the number of children charged for on the day, regardless of a drop in numbers. Please understand that harnesses have been reserved for every child booked, and cannot be re-sold last-minute. We also roster staff in accordance with number of people on the course. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed admission especially in peak season.
- If you are unsure of the exact ages of the children, this can be altered on the day.
- Payment can be made on the day.
Our French construction crew have built more than 90 courses worldwide, including parks in Europe, the West Indies and South Korea. The platforms are built around trees at various heights (ranging from 1 metre to 20 metres off the ground) and connected with a range of activities to allow the participant move from one tree to another. the construction company adheres to EN 15567-1 Sports and recreational facilities - Ropes courses - Part 1: Construction and Safety Requirements
Zipit Forest Adventures is a member of the European Ropes Course Association (ERCA) and adheres to EN 15567-2 Sports and recreational facilities - Ropes courses - Part 2: Operation Requirements
This European Standard applies to the operation of ropes courses and specifies the operational requirements to ensure an appropriate level of safety and service when used for either recreation, training, education or therapeutic purposes.
Our harness design protects you from accidentally unclipping from the circuit, ensuring that your safety is paramount.
All of our Instructors are European Rope Course Association (ERCA) trained with the following certifications:
- ERCA Instructor Training.
- ERCA Site Specific Rescue Training.
ERCA Training is undertaken by either our own staff who have been trained as a Trainer or an external UK specialist company. All final assessments and certifications are undertaken by the external company.
- First Aid with CPR.
- Manual Handling.
- Maintenance Training.
Working with Children
All our staff have undertaken an on-line child protection course and are garda vetted.
We have a policy of informing participants of the nature of risk associated with our activities through our Disclaimer and safety rules.
Our Safety Briefing (approx. 45 minutes) is carried out by our qualified instructors and is mandatory for all customers wishing to participate on our courses. Our instructors monitor customers completing the Safety Briefing circuit and are patrolling throughout the park should any assistance be needed during your visit.
Our minimum age requirement is strictly enforced. All children under 18 must be supervised by an adult, either participating or on the ground.
Through strict adherence to the ERCA requirements and continual investment in the most current Personal Protective Equipment we are confident that all risks are minimised. Our advanced safety harnesses ensure that customers are always connected to our safety system whilst traversing the treetop activities.
- Instructors navigate each circuit every morning before opening, as if they were a customer. They digitally sign a spreadsheet to confirm the circuit has been checked and this is then digitally signed by the Duty Manager who notes and addresses any issues.
- Completed at end of day by the instructors whose names are logged and checked by the Duty Manager who signs off. Any harnesses which do not pass the highest standard safety checks are put out of service. An annual inspection is also carried out in accordance with EN15567-2.
- All equipment inside our Rescue Bags are regularly checked and devices function tested.
- Our Instructors check the course equipment thoroughly to identify and address any issues. These checks are in addition to the daily checks.
- Performed as required, primarily during peak season. This is a general assessment of the site by the Operations Manager including safety checks and instructor performance.
- Completed annually or as required, checking the health and suitability of the trees on the course by a European specialist company.
- A European Specialist company annually checks the structural elements of the course.
Course Safety Equipment
- Fallstops and Base Jumps are serviced by the manufacturer or a service provider trained by the manufacturer.