How To Find Us
Directions to Tibradden Wood
By Road - Approaching from South -Directions from M50 Junction 12
- Take exit 12 for Firhouse / Knocklyon.
- Take the R113 towards Ballyboden.
- At the 3rd roundabout turn right onto the R116 signposted for Glencullen. Follow the R116 for approx. 4.5 km until the R116 turns sharp left, heading for Glencullen.
- You will notice this sharp left immediately after passing over a narrow bridge which turns to the right.
- Take this left and the entrance to Tibradden Woods isnext left, approx. 200 metres after the sharp left turn.
By Road - Approaching from North - Directions from M50 Junction 15
- Take exit 15 for Cournelscourt, Kiltiernan, Leopardstown.
- At the first roundabout take the first exit, which is closely followed by a second roundabout, taking the second exit here for the Glenamuck Road.
- Follow this road for approx 1.5Km to the Golden Ball.
- At the traffic lights turn left on to the R117.
- Approx. 500m after these lights, turn right on to the R116 opposite the Circle K filling station towards Glencullen.
- Follow this road for approx. 3km where you will notice Johnny Foxes on your right hand side. At the traffic lights, continue straight through along the R116 for approx. 6km.
- You will know you are approaching the entrance to Tibradden Wood when you begin descending down the mountain. The entrance to Tibradden will be on your right hand side approx. 750m after you begin your descent.
- If you arrive at T-Junction you’ve gone too far and need to turn around.
By Road - Travelling from Tallaght Direction
- When travelling southbound on the M50 take exit 12.
- Turn left on to Scholarstown Road, you will approach a roundabout where you will take the second exit.
- Continue for approx. 750 metres and you will approach another roundabout, this time taking the third exit.
- Continue until you reach a set of traffic lights where you will turn right on to the R115.
- Follow the road for approx 1.5Km where you will reach a roundabout taking the 1st exit and continuing along the R115.
- Continue for another 1.5km, passing Rathfarnham Golf Club on your left until you see a sign for mount Venus road.
- Here you will take a hair pin left turn passing by the DSPCA on your right side after a couple of hundred metres.
- Follow along the Mount Venus road until you reach a ‘T’ junction where you will take the right.
- Begin your ascent up the mountain for approx 2.5Km, you will approach a hair pin left immediately after passing over a bridge.
- The entrance to Tibradden is 200 metres after this turn.
Local Bus and Taxi Hire
Hilltop Treks Bus Hire
11, 14, 16 & 28 seater bus.Price given at time of enquiry. Based in Firhouse (close to Tibradden).
Number: 087 7849599 (Terry Lambert)
Irish Mini Bus Rentals
Kylemore Works Junctions Unit 14c Camac Park Bluebell Industrial Estate Dublin D12AP04 Ireland.
Number: 087 993 7676
Number: 01 493 8888
Number: 01 298 8444
Number: 086 1776034
Travel from City Centre to Dundrum via Luas and get a taxi the rest of the way www.luas.ie
When you access other companies’ external websites through a link from the website of Zipit Forest Adventures Ltd., please note that Zipit Forest Adventures Ltd has no control over the products/services provided by these companies. The links to external websites are provided as a matter of convenience only, and should not be taken as an endorsement by Zipit Forest Adventures Ltd of the products or services of those external companies, for which Zipit Forest Adventures Ltd. assumes no responsibility or liability.